May 10, 2015

Sugar Rush


Tomorrow is my very first day in clinical years.


Should I raise both my hands and say "Banzai!! Banzai!!!" or should I grieve and mourn my past two years because after this I'm not going to have the opportunities to sleep in my lecture theater anymore?


Typical sleepyhead Aqila gonna miss her short deep sweet and sinful naps.
Lol whatever it is, ready or not, hospital-bed-hospital life here I come!


Today is the registration day and we've been given both our groupings and postings schedule. It occurred to me that my first posting is going to be Public Health - Where we organized measures (whether public or private) to prevent disease, promote health, and prolong life among the population as a whole. Its activities aim to provide conditions in which people can be healthy and focus on entire populations, not on individual patients or diseases.


(Oh yes, I googled those. Just trying to give you the impression that I'm smart and I knew what's the deal in my life while practically I'm burning inside out trying to figure out what and what.)


My group, which consists of 27 people will conduct our studies at the area around Kinta. I've just scanned thru all my schedule and apparently the only leisure time I'll have to see my family (and my 10 cats) again is during Raya celebration! Medicine why you so serious man?!


So in our Year Three, we'll have 8 postings in total -


1. Public Health
2. Basic Communication Course
3. Medicine
4. Surgery (my favourite of all!)
5. Pediatrics
6. Psychiatry
7. Obstetric & Gynecology
8. Orthopedics


But we'll be divided into several smaller groups, and each group will be assigned with different postings from each other.


I'm currently learning on how to manage my time well, because I have to devote myself in both studies and other responsibilities. And in other responsibilities, it includes SRC, sleep, eating proper dinner, adopt new kittens, redecorating my room, came home as much as I can and most importantly, try HARDLY not to lose myself in the glorious magnificent and the ultimate immortal EYEBAGS.


And by the way, I've bought a new laptop. Well it is considered as a new one since it replace my very first laptop which have been stolen two years ago. Why am I mentioning this? BECAUSE I STARVED MYSELF TO DEATH JUST TO BUY A NEW ONE WITHOUT THE KNOWLEDGE OF MY PARENTS AND YES, I SALUTE MYSELF FOR THIS SWEET VICTORY SO HERE I AM, BRAGGING UPON MY SUCCESS.


Two years ago, my father bought me a laptop considering I never have one, and one week after that at Ipoh, it was stolen from me. I've tried my best not to mention it to my parents because if there's one thing I hate most after irresponsibility, its is breaking my parents' heart. So I kept quiet upon my stolen laptop and whenever they're asking me "Where's your laptop?", I'll create 1000 and 1 excuses to avoid myself from telling the truth. I don't always tell lies, but whenever I have to, I'm tremendously good at it. Trust me. 


I know I'm basically lying (oh God the word sounds so sinful) to my parents, but some things are best untold and unknown, is it?


Recently I've moved to a new rent house here at Ipoh.


Speaking of which, I'm now in my new room located at the third floor. Alone and deserted, as usual. This new house ain't that bad, considering the much much cheaper rent (from 230 per room to 130) and that I've got my own bathroom plus a balcony. Its a lil bit old and rusty, but I'll get used to it eventually. I always do.


So I've ironed my baju kurung, packed my bag and read a few paragraphs upon Public Health (so zemangat uolss!). Off to sleep here we go!




The holiday-without-any-books me.
Hey look, finally I've agreed with instant shawl!



p/s : I'm slightly into narcissism.

No comments: